Carrier Centers has a work environment that promotes diversity, embraces change, and provides leadership opportunities to every team member. Every member of our team from drivers and service technicians to administration plays an integral role in the continued success of our company. We are on a path of growth and succession and are seeking highly skilled professionals to take us even further.
Carrier Centers requires a knowledgeable, motivated and career minded, Afternoon Parts Runner for our Brantford, Ontario dealership. The primary responsibility of the Parts Runner position is to assist the parts department personnel in delivering parts directly to the technician’s work bay within the dealership. In this position you will have constant interaction with technicians and the Parts Specialist or Manager.
What’s in it for you?
- Extended Healthcare
- Vision Care
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Vacation time off
What’s a day like as a Parts Runner?
- Locate part(s) within the warehouse and deliver required part(s) to proper bay and technician in a timely manner.
- Pick up cores from the service bays when repairs have been completed
- Monitors and communicates parts inventory levels to Parts Specialist or Manager as required.
- Assist the parts department with various miscellaneous duties as needed, including cycle counting, shipping/receiving, or general housekeeping.
- Complies with all Carrier Centers’ policies and procedures including Health and Safety Policies and Procedures and the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Who is our ideal candidate?
- Possess good computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Has the ability to provide excellent customer service while demonstrating strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have strong organizational skills, a high attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and multi task in a fast paced environment.
- Experience in the trucking industry and/or warehouse would be considered an asset.
- Must be comfortable working a variety of shifts between the hours or 6:30am-11:30pm in order to support the current business needs.