Carrier Centers has a work environment that promotes diversity, embraces change, and provides leadership opportunities to every team member. Every member of our team from drivers and service technicians to administration plays an integral role in the continued success of our company. We are on a path of growth and succession and are seeking highly skilled professionals to take us even further.
Carrier Centers’ requires a motivated and career minded, Service Employee for our London, Ontario dealership. The successful candidate will be comfortable working in a fast paced environment that involves constant interaction with technicians to ensure outstanding customer service. This would be an excellent opportunity for an individual looking to get experience in the heavy duty truck field.
What’s in it for you?
- Extended Healthcare
- Vision Care
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Vacation time off
- Boot Allowance
What’s a day like as Service Employee?
- Assist skilled technician(s) in performing daily equipment service tasks.
- Clear work areas by removing debris and hazardous materials, to make area ready for next unit.
- Ensure technician(s) tools and equipment are readily available at the beginning of each shift and at the beginning of each task and or repair.
- Assist supervisor/manager with staging of equipment for service.
- Provides equipment shunting support to supervisors/managers.
- Steam clean units in preparation for service.
- Perform minor technical tasks under the direction of the Service Supervisor/Foreman, or Licensed Technician.
- May be required to move parts and supplies between the service bays and administrative areas.
- Assist technician(s) with the clean-up of service bays, and with parts cleaning as directed.
- Fuel trucks and equipment as needed.
- Ensuring compliance to all appropriate Health & Safety legislation and corporate Health & Safety Policy,
Who is our ideal candidate?
- A full “G” license and clean drivers abstract is required.
- “DZ” license and previous mechanical experience would be considered an asset.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service while demonstrating strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Can easily and quickly adapt to needs of shop and technicians.
- Self-motivated, independent and a team player with a sense of urgency and strong attention to detail.
- Has the ability to follow directions quickly and proficiently.
- Must be available to work flexible shifts (i.e. afternoons) in support of the business needs.